What’s the ROLE:
Diversified Marketing Strategies is a small award-winning marketing, association management and event planning firm located in Crown Point. We are looking for an amazing and exceptional individual who loves a challenge (and we have one) and is willing to pull their sleeves up and dive right in.
You are focused on being a relied upon internal partner while communicating directly with our valued customers on financial matters and maintaining a strong and friendly customer service experience. We are seeking talent that is excited,passionate and focused on delivering exceptional accounting practices.
Your PURPOSE at DMS:
With two associations – Northwest Indiana Business RoundTable (NWIBRT) and the Northwest Indiana Influential Women Association (NWIIWA) that we manage, you will be working with the DMS team to develop and coordinate the daily association activities and assist in planning their events.
Your strong communication skills, excellent professional presence and desire to be the best will be an integral part of the team.
This role will require you to invest high energy and enthusiasm in becoming a trusted partner on our team, be comfortable in working across multiple initiatives and use your creativity and solutions-based approach to provide exceptional outcomes and business growth.
What will you DO every day:
You will work directly with our seasoned and experienced Account Manager as well with our entire team.
You will spend your days working in multiple facets of our business including the following:
- Membership development.
- Coordination with all committees.
- Event planning.
- Sponsorship development.
- Assisting in social media and marketing.
- Tracking budgets and accurate record keeping.
- Providing monthly reports.
- Solve problems, work in a group, and execute within this award-winning team.
What you need to be SUCCESSFUL:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in event planning or working with associations.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and oral.
- Strong comfort level in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Social media knowledge.
- Self-starter that can remain calm under pressure. We need someone that can work under deadlines problem solve on the spot and keep their cool working with frequent interruptions.
- Solutions provider with superior ability to empathize, relate to our valued customer and a get stuff done attitude.
- Fun and results oriented—don’t take yourself too seriously and love coming to work every day.
The important ones: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and a company matching 401K program.
The fun ones: Casual work environment—jeans every day plus a cute puppy that comes to our office everyday.
Does this DESCRIBE you?
Do you have what it takes to excel in our growing environment? Looking for a role that doesn’t require you to commute to downtown Chicago? Then let’s start the conversation. Send your resume plus a cover letter letting us know why you are our future team member and your compensation requirements. Put all of this together and email to Michelle Pannell at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
DIVERSE team. DIVERSE talents.