What’s the ROLE:
Diversified Marketing Strategies is an award-winning marketing, publishing and events planning firm located in the heart of Crown Point. Delivering a 5-star customer experience starts with our internal team. You’ll be a champion of the DMS culture and values, partnering with our internal business leaders to ensure accurate accounting support. You are focused on being a relied upon internal partner while communicating directly with our valued customers on financial matters and maintaining a strong and friendly customer service experience. We are seeking an individual that is excited, passionate and focused on delivering on our exceptional customer experience while learning from the experts on our internal teams.
Your PURPOSE at DMS:
Think Diversified. Partnering with our internal teams to provide daily Project Coordination, Accounts Receivable and Payable support. Your strong communication skills, excellent professional presence and desire to be the best will be an integral part of the team.
This role will require you to invest high energy and enthusiasm in becoming a trusted partner on our team, be comfortable in working across multiple initiatives and use your creativity and solutions based approach to provide exceptional outcomes and business growth.
What will you DO every day:
You will spend your days working in multiple facets of our business including the following:
- Coordinating projects with vendors to ensure delivery for our clients
- Posting accounts payable and receivable transactions within Quick Books software.
- Financial reports and bank reconciliation.
- Tracking budgets and accurate record keeping.
- Providing monthly reports.
- Communicating with our valued customer base via telephone and email to discuss past due amounts.
- Creating and making regular cash deposit at banking facility.
- Solve problems, work in a group, and execute within this award-winning team.
What you need to be SUCCESSFUL:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an AP and/or AR function.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and oral.
- Strong comfort level in Quick Books, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Self-starter that can remain calm under pressure. We need someone that can work under deadlines problem solve on the spot and keep their cool working with frequent interruptions.
- Solutions provider with superior ability to empathize, relate to our valued customer and a get stuff done attitude.
- Fun and results oriented—don’t take yourself too seriously and love coming to work every day.
The important ones: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and a company matching 401K program.
The fun ones: Casual work environment and minutes from the square.
Does this DESCRIBE you?
Do you have what it takes to excel in our growing environment? Looking for a role that doesn’t require you to commute to downtown Chicago? Then let’s start the conversation. Send your resume plus a note letting us know why you are our future team member and your compensation requirement. Put all of this together and email to Lori O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
DIVERSE team. DIVERSE talents.